This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox will not start up.

When I select kmenu/internet/firefox I get the rather cute bouncing icon but after about a minute it goes and firefox does not start up. I have never managed to start it up so no extension on to mess things up.
    I have reinstalled, purged and everything you can imagine trying to fix the issue but no luck.
    If I try it from the console I get the unhelpful error segmentation fault.
    I can not reinstall feisty from the live cd as my cd drive does not work and I had to install it from a flash drive. I only just got the thing to work okay but feel that one or two things might have been corrupted not related to firefox.
    I would like to know if anybody has a fix for firefox for me or if there is a way of reinstalling Kubuntu whether by downgrading to dapper/edgy and then upgrading to feisty again.
    Can anybody start me off in the right direction.
    Thanks.
    J

Re: Firefox will not start up.

The standard answer to question like this is : "try to run it in the shell to see any error message, and then post the result here", I got the same problem with Amaya and Kompozer but don't know how to fix them, I got segmentation fault with Kompozer which worked in the beta, and Amaya never worked here.
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Comment

I did. I put the answer in my original post it just says 'Segmentation Fault'.
      Hope someone comes up with something for us.

Comment

Yes seg fault is the major devil come with unknown reason
        Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Comment

I have this problem, but that's because I first installed it from getfirefox.com, then installed from the repos without uninstalling the first one.

Only way to get it working is to keep trying.
          For external use only.

Comment

Working...
          X