X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

log out and shutdown problems-updated

Hi all,

When I shutdown kubuntu, instead of the 'splash screen' progress bar and then the computer turning off, I get the console with the system shutdown messages in the old style?

When I try to log out and go back to the kdm login window, the system just hangs with a black screen and frozen mouse pointer? Icewm returns to kdm login ok

I have also noticed that when I log into kubuntu, a small area at the top left corner of the screen retains the kdm wallpaper for about 10 seconds and then corrects itself to the wallpaper I set for my desktop-this started to happen recently and I just upgraded the ram!

update: I noticed that I had postgresql and avahi-daemon running-if I turn those off before logging out it goes back to kdm ok. Shutting down stiil as the same problem

any ideas?

cheers,

davidlondon

Re: log out and shutdown problems

Originally posted by davidlondon
    the system just hangs with a black screen and frozen mouse pointer?

a small area at the top left corner of the screen retains the kdm wallpaper for about 10 seconds and then corrects itself to the wallpaper I set for my desktop-this started to happen recently and I just upgraded the ram!

any ideas?

cheers,

davidlondon
    Sure sounds like video hardware or video driver issues, IMO.

Comment

Working...
    X