This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery monitor blinking one green three red signals

On Kabuntu 7.04, Dell Inspiron notebook, the battery LED began to blink "one green and three red". This began shortly after having booted and before I turned Power adapter on. But it is certain that the battery is not run down.

The problem persists when I boot into Windows. And if I install a spare battery it stops. If I then install the faulty battery in the spare bay (thus having both batteries coupled in) then this "one green and three red blinking" starts again.

In Windows, the Power meter shows 100% for the faulty battery, but it is normal that it shows around 94% max. It's about 6 years old, and has never been run down because the Power adapter is always coupled to.

What sort of therapy is appropriate for that battery?

KK

Re: Battery monitor blinking one green three red signals

You say it is faulty. It may be physically defective.

Read some manuals. What does green-red-red-red mean?
    For external use only.

Comment

It is not defective. In both Win2k and in Kabuntu Power Manager registers 64%.

The red is the warning signal for low battery and the green is signaling Power on.

This blinking started when I booted Kabuntu on the battery alone. Then after some time I saw the red lights, turned Power On and now the "one green and three red" signals persist.

It is possibly a bug in Kubuntu. Earlier today, with Power ON, in Kubuntu it read 81 %.

KK

Comment

So constant or flashing red means "low battery" and constant green means the laptop is powered on?
        I'm sure red-red-red-green has a meaning.

Looking at the Dell manual for the Inspiron 1000 (not your model, but I don't think it matters), it doesn't mention a red-red-red-green code.
        For external use only.

Comment

Working...
        X