This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wrong icons on folders (solved)

hi, so far my install has gone beautiful, i just have one question. all my folder icons are appearing as the mounted hard drive icon. how can i change it back to the folder like it should be? i can change a folder's icon individually in the properties, but not for all the folders at once.

thanks in advance!

Re: wrong icons on folders

wow, i posted this like a month ago and still no response? it seems like an easy question if you know kde...

Comment

Right click on a folder, select properties.

On the line that says
      Type: Folder
      on the right edge of that line is a little button with a spanner on it, click on it
      It will bring up a new window
      there will be a large folder icon (or in your case I guess it will be a drive icon) click on this
      will bring up a window with a large selection of icons, select the one you want (the folder logo under filesystems on the drop down menu in top right corner)
      apply, and you're done

This must have been one of those threads that occasionally fall between the cracks the first time you asked. Perhaps this forum need some sort of characteristic that can be assigned to each thread of a 'solved/unsolved' nature, maybe just for threads under Kubuntu Discussion & Newbie support. That way we won't miss unsolved problems.
      Anyway, enjoy your solution.

Comment

Unsolved problems are the ones with no replies.
        Other than that, hopefully people will change their topic to include some form of "solved" to this end.
        For external use only.

Comment

marshallbanana, thank you for that reply, it worked great, although i had to log out and back into kde in order for it to take effect on all folders.

thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X