X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cedega Need Help

Hi,

Could someone help me out. I just installed Cedega. Everything passed. I cannot install any games though. Has anyone else had this problem? It just sits there. Please help.

Re: Cedega Need Help

I don't use cedega anymore, but their forums might have some useful info on that if noone here has any ideas. It was a big help to me when I had a subscription.

I don't think there are any issues specific to Feisty with Cedega from a quick search, but it is also very dependent on what games are being attempted, and what version of cedega is best with them. Cedea have a game database that often soecifies which cedega engine is best, and as you can use multiple versions from within Cedega, you may also have to do some trial and error testing

Comment

My personal experience is that some games actually are much easier to get to work just using the standard wine package from the ubuntu repositories.

This is what I can say about that:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get install wine
      I downloaded Steam installer (I already hold a steam account, and the right to use steam follows the user, not the machine or the OS, fortunately). I installed steam, it updated itself.

Following games have been tested and works ok:
      Half-life Source
      Counter-Strike Source
      Day of Defeat Source

The only issues I have seem to be related to wine (and windows) not knowing how to deal with Twinview. I can live with this. I also have some problem to get the games to run in windowed mode at a reduced resolution - I cannot choose anything but full screen resolution. (I am pretty sure this is because steam reads the resolutions I allow from xorg.conf, I have twin flat panels and really no reason to allow a reduced resolution so only have 1600x1200 in there.)

Start the games with a -gl option (you can configure this in steam) this will force the games to run using OpenGL instead of DirectX - it appears this is nice to Kubuntu

I am getting to where I am constantly frustrated with Cedega, things just never seem to work! On the other hand. I am getting more and more impressed with vanilla wine, it appears like they have a more rapid pace of development.
      (This statement was made without consumption of liquid wine :P).

Comment

I used to have the blank resolution box problem however i did manage to fix it, and ive forgotten again (since i formatted). If anyone has any clue how to fix it please tell me asap

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Pics/error.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X