This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kicker/panel broke

I was messing around with kmenu replacements and I installed kickoff. However, after I uninstalled kickoff, the panel broke. After rebooting and restarting X, there is no panel. I get this error when trying to launch panel:
    Code:
    The specified library kicker could not be found.
    The diagnostics is:
    libkickermain.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    How can I fix panel/kicker?

Re: kicker/panel broke

You probably grabbed the wrong package from KDE-Apps.org (I am assuming that's where you got it.)

There are 2 of them one works one does not. Though both were posted by the same person his "updated" version is missing a file. If you can get a konsole open the use apt-get remove to remove the kickoff package you installed. Now sometimes the old kicker will come back if you logout and back in after that sometimes its hosed. However, if you get the kickoff package here:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...?content=50240

You can use debpkg -install to install it and that will fix things and give you the kickoff menu as well.

--Shaun

Comment

Nah, this is an issue with kickoff. Once you install kickoff, it takes over the kicker. So when you uninstall kickoff, you basically uninstall kicker as well. The solution? Reinstall kicker, either from Adept or

Code:
      sudo apt-get install --reinstall kicker
      Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
        Nah, this is an issue with kickoff. Once you install kickoff, it takes over the kicker. So when you uninstall kickoff, you basically uninstall kicker as well. The solution? Reinstall kicker, either from Adept or

Code:
        sudo apt-get install --reinstall kicker
        Thank you, that worked perfectly.

Comment

Working...
        X