This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k9copy problem

i'm having trouble with k9copy on feisty. i used it a lot with edgy. i did a fresh install with feisty when it came out. this is the first time that i've tried k9copy since the install and it will not create the .iso image. i check the required files. set up the medibuntu repos, re-installed k9, everything that i can think of. any ideas out there.

Thanx!!!!
    Wayne

Re: k9copy problem

I'm having the same problem..

I can't even copy the movie to a blank dvd.. When it finishes ripping the movie it crashes..

Does anyone know what could be the problem.. Or not having this problem??

Comment

try running k9copy from konsole and see what errors pop up.
      I have k9copy on my feisty and it works like charm.
      I tried Enlightenment once, it was pretty cool.

Comment

i got mine fixed. on another site, someone suggested using Automatix2. using Automatiz, i re-installed k9copy and the codecs (i installed a list of codecs earlier with no luck). it still didn't work. using Automatix, i uninstalled k9copy & ALL codecs. rebooted. then installed k8copy & codecs with Automatix. works like it's supposed to.

Thanx.

Wayne

Comment

Anybody else have any luck getting k9copy to run on feisty? I have tried fresh installs, upgrades to gutsy, and neither have worked... It goes through the whole copy stage and then fails when it goes to create the ISO. It just keeps saying error, you click ok and it says error again until you kill it....

this is very frustrating...

Comment

These are the 'depends' that k9copy requires:

Depends

kdelibs4c2a (>= 4:3.5.5-1), libacl1 (>= 2.2.11-1), libart-2.0-2 (>= 2.3.16), libattr1 (>= 2.4.4-1), libaudio2, libc6 (>= 2.5-0ubuntu1), libdvdread3 (>= 0.9.6), libfontconfig1 (>= 2.4.0), libfreetype6 (>= 2.2), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1-20ubuntu1), libice6, libidn11 (>= 0.5.18), libjpeg62, libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.8rel), libqt3-mt (>= 3:3.3.7), libsm6, libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1-20ubuntu1), libx11-6, libxcursor1 (>> 1.1.2), libxext6, libxft2 (>> 2.1.1), libxi6, libxinerama1, libxrandr2, libxrender1, libxt6, zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.1), vamps, dvd+rw-tools, dvdauthor, mencoder, libdvdnav4
            You can open Adept Manager and search to ensure that these are installed.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I found my problem... i needed to install mkisofs

Comment

Great! How did you discover that this was missing (and needed)?

Comment

I installed dvd95 and tried to run it... it came up with an error
                  "Missing mkisofs"
                  K9copy still didn't work, so I installed mkisofs and suddenly k9copy started to work...

Comment

Isn't it nice when an application actually tells you what it needs to make it happy?

Comment

Working...
                    X