X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resuming from suspend loses the suspended KDE session

Hello.

I just upgraded from Edgy to Feisty and now I'm having problems with suspend/resume. In Edgy, the kde session was left intact so I was able to continue just like the computer never was off. In Feisty, resuming from the standby gives the kde login screen.

I saw this behaviour on Edgy also when I was using suspend to ram from the KPowersave, but the suspend from logout dialog worked just fine.

Also when I did 'sudo s2ram' from console in Feisty, it resumed just fine and didn't lose the kde session. So there is still hope.

Now I'm looking for some solutions. I have a sleep button on my keyboard, but it does the bad sleep I don't want. And I don't have any idea where I can configure the hotkeys. Didn't find anything useful from system settings (Accessibility has some hotkeys but nothing for XF86Standby, and if I tried to set XF86Standby for something, the computer just went standby when I pressed the sleep button, before I could hit Apply and the KDE way of spreading keyboard configurations to three places - Accessibility, Keyboard and Regional & language - gives me a rash)

I could configure some other button to do 's2ram' if nothing else helps.

Re: Resuming from suspend loses the suspended KDE session [HACKED SOLUTION]

I uninstalled kpowersave and 'got' the XF86Standby back, so I assigned it to 's2ram -f' and made s2ram suid root.

Comment

Re: Resuming from suspend loses the suspended KDE session

i think i've nailed it down to the nvidia driver not unloading.
      with the nv open driver it hibernates all right, with the nvidia proprietary driver it doesn't.
      so, for now i'm also using s2disk and s2ram to get the bloody thing work.
      gnu/linux is not windoze

Comment

Re: Resuming from suspend loses the suspended KDE session

I don't have nvidia card, so nv is not the issue in my case.

Comment

Working...
        X