This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programs Freezing/locking up after going realise

Some time in the last few betas or the final release version, I noticed that I was starting to get occasional program lockups. Programs like Firefox and Konqueror would just freeze and take a long time to close. (But they do close.) Also the times I go to start a program, get the bouncing icon for a while then the icon goes away and no program opens, became a lot more frequent. This is on my desktop.

A couple of days ago, I pulled out my laptop with an older (3 month old maybe) beta version of Feisty on it, updated it to the release, and now it has the same issues.

Also, I don't seem to be getting any errors on either machine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

wmrobins

Re: Programs Freezing/locking up after going realise

Have you tried running said programs in a terminal window to see the output when they freeze

Comment

Originally posted by stratman4300
      Have you tried running said programs in a terminal window to see the output when they freeze
      Nope. But I'll sure try it. Thanks for the advice.

wmrobins

Comment

I can say that I saw the same thing happen a few times in 2 different Ubuntu installs, one on a souped-up desktop and the other on a 3 yo PIII laptop.

I started installing Ubuntu 2 days ago and just installed Kubuntu about half an hour ago on the desktop. (No problems yet in Ku).

Other than that, I have no technical advice for these OSs, only that I concur with what you saw.

PME

Comment

Originally posted by stratman4300
          So far, running said programs in a terminal window seems to prevent the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X