This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KTorrent Crashes

I would love to use KTorrent on my kubuntu feisty box, but unfortunately it keeps on crashing after sometimes a minute, sometimes hours. It is a real shame, i like it so much more then azureus, but you can not let it run unattended. Anyone out there who got some idea's? the strange thing is, it disappears from the system without any crash report whatsoever, it just is not there anymore, after restarting the program it silently continues where is stopped (something Azureus does not want to do grr) and even then it behaves as thou i had used exit myself.. weird not?

Re: KTorrent Crashes

actually. i had the same problem. i mentioned that my Ktorrent started crashing after configuring it for automatic download path to my other hard disk drive (I have dual boot system). as far as i have searched for sulution of this problem suggestion is turning off DHT and some other. i tried to compile for my self newest versions of Ktorrent, but...

at this moment i have working Ktorrent 2.1 after fresh install of Feisty and directed my automatic downloads to "/home/... on the same hard disk drive as my |feisty is installed.

thats my experience, because due to automatically mounted another hard disk drive my whole system started crashing.

by the way i saw that Ktorrent team is already informed anout this problem and i believe they are working on it. so, you are not the only one with this problem

Comment

I had this boggle also. I went to KTorrent's site, and downloaded/installed the latest and greatest version, all has been smooth since. I've been downloading a torrent for three days now, uninterrupted.

GL!
      Dell SC1425<br />1 Xeon 3GHZ CPU<br />1GB ECC-DDR2 RAM<br />Onboard ATI Radeon 7000-M&nbsp; w/ 16MB Fixed/unshared RAM<br />Dual 82541Gl Gigabit Nic&#39;s<br />DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo<br />73GB SCSI Drive.<br />Never got Compiz to run properly on the ATI, but that is secondary of course.

Comment

Just wanted to add my xp: Yeah, the one in the feisty repo is broken. It always crashes after a few hours.

I just upgraded to Gutsy, but haven't run it long enough to see if this one was compiled from fixed sources or not.
        Specs:&nbsp; Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

well, yes. i did the same: downloaded newest source from ktorrent site. compiled. and now i have really stable ktorrent running.

Comment

A script suggested by an ktorrent programmer, that will launch ktorrent if it crashes.

#!/bin/bash

while true ; do
            ps ax | grep -v grep | grep " ktorrent" || \
            ktorrent --nofork --nocrashhandler
            sleep 5
            done
            [linux user #449224 - Kubuntu user #15071]

Comment

Working...
            X