X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAMBAS the basic compiler for linux

Hello,

I am running the 64 bit version of Feisty with KDE 3.5.6 and everything up to date.

I downloaded Gambas using the Adept Package manager, which went with no hitches and Gambas appears in the Development section of the K menu.

However when I click on the menu entry although Gambas tries to load (I get the hour glass in the K panel) it never succeeds and nothing happens.

I have had a look at the forums in Gambas and year old posts there seem to indicate that Gambas wil not run on a 64 bit system. There was no warning to this effect in the information in the Adept package manager and it did download OK.

Before I start poking around to see what is going on (and before I possibly break something )I was wondering if anyone would care to express an opinion / share their experiences here? Or can confirm that Gambas is stickly 32 bit, though I would have thought that the Athlon CPU in this machine could have sorted things out?

Cheers

Roy

Re: GAMBAS the basic compiler for linux

Since my original post I have now found on the Gambas forum an article written by Gareth Bult (in the UK forum) which lists all the libraries/dependancies required. I have checked this list and it seems there are 25 libraries which need to be installed on my machine.

However before taking the time and (little) trouble (all the libraries are listed in the Adept Package manager so its just a lot of clicking really) to install them all, there still remains the question of whether gambas will run on a 64 bit system.

Whilst their instruction (no, it is not recommendation) is to upgrade to Feisty before installing gambas I presume that there is a 32 bit version of Feisty so merely running Feisty and installing the libraries does not guarantee that gambas will run

Any comments anyone?

Roy

Comment

Re: GAMBAS the basic compiler for linux

Did you manage to get Gambas running?

I am trying on a 32 bit machine.
      Love; joy; peace; patience; kindness; goodness; faithfulness; gentleness; self control

Comment

Working...
      X