X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wide Screen Resolutions for ViewSonic VX2025

Greetings,

I am challenged with getting the correct resolution for my monitor/video card setup.

My monitor is:
    ViewSonic VX2025, 1680x1050 native resolution at 50-60 MHz, Horizontal Range: 30~82 kHz and Vertical Refresh: 50~75 Hz.

My Video card is Nvidia 6800 GSX and I have the nvidia-glx-new driver installed for it.

I am able to get the monitor to display 1680x1050, and I understand how to set the refresh rate for 60 MHz, but how do I change the aspect ratio to the correct one of 16:10?

In System Settings I see Image Format of "Standard 4:3" and "Widescreen 16:9" but is there a way to set it up to use 16:10? Or am I just splitting hairs here . . . . .

I would be grateful for any and all help.

Thanks!
    Gail

Re: Wide Screen Resolutions for ViewSonic VX2025

I personally have never seen the ratio 16:10. Before going to Feisty I was on Edgy and in order to get the correct ratio for it
    (my widescreen monitor) I had to use the Widescreen setting. After Feisty though that didn't need to be done. Mainly because of the new NVIDIA portions they added. Go ahead and try widescreen setting, it may very well be what you are wanting. (backup your xorg.conf file first, just to be on the safe side )

Comment

Working...
    X