This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HFS+ Not recognized

On my PowerMac G4, O have three disks. The IDE drive has been formatted as ext3 with Kubuntu 7.04 installed. The other two are SCSI disks formatted as Apple Extended (Journaled) with OS 0,2 on one disk and OSX Panther on the other. Trying to mount these two disks is proving impossible since hfs+ is not recognized file type for this version of moiunt. I am sure I could use hfs+ as the file type in Ubuntu 6.06. Beliw is the relevant section from 'man fstab':

The third field, (fs_vfstype), describes the type of the filesystem. Linux supports
    lots of filesystem types, such as adfs, affs, autofs, coda, coherent, cramfs, devpts,
    efs, ext2, ext3, hfs, hpfs, iso9660, jfs, minix, msdos, ncpfs, nfs, ntfs, proc, qnx4,
    reiserfs, romfs, smbfs, sysv, tmpfs, udf, ufs, umsdos, vfat, xenix, xfs, and possibly
    others. For more details, see mount(8). For the filesystems currently supported by the
    running kernel, see /proc/filesystems. An entry swap denotes a file or partition to be
    used for swapping, cf. swapon(8). An entry ignore causes the line to be ignored. This
    is useful to show disk partitions which are currently unused.

Re: HFS+ Not recognized

Originally posted by Andrew1963
    since hfs+ is not recognized file type
    Did you try to mount -t hfsplus ...?

Comment

Re: HFS+ Not recognized

Originally posted by UnicornRider
      Originally posted by Andrew1963
      since hfs+ is not recognized file type
      Did you try to mount -t hfsplus ...?
      Thanks.

Comment