X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy Control and Enhanced CDs

Hi everyone,

I am not sure if this has been reported before, but I cannot open (using Konqueror) nor rip (using K3B) my (legal) CDs with the "Copy Control" logo on it. Enhanced CDs (CDs with not only music, but also other data like videos) cannot be opened in Amarok or through Konqueror as well.

How can I solve this problem. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Copy Control and Enhanced CDs

i will have to burst your bubble cuz i CAN play enhanced cds with amarok and and rip them through k3b. i've never had a problem with enhanced cds from dapper through gutsy.
    <br />

Comment

Strange that you can, disturbedite...

Comment

Originally posted by liberalist
        I am not sure if this has been reported before, but I cannot open (using Konqueror) nor rip (using K3B) my (legal) CDs with the "Copy Control" logo on it. Enhanced CDs (CDs with not only music, but also other data like videos) cannot be opened in Amarok or through Konqueror as well.
        It may very well have something to do with your drive. I had such a CD I was trying to rip at one point. One of my computers played and ripped it just fine, while the other one wouldn't even recognize there was a disc in the drive. It happened under Windows and Kubuntu, so I think it was a hardware issue, not software.

I remember there was a trick about using a felt tip marker to black out the outside of the disc, but I'm not convinced that wasn't just a story to make me look foolish. (:

Comment

Working...
        X