This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restricted drivers manager

In ubuntu theres a convienent Restricted drivers manager that allows me to install my graphics card nice and easy. Kubuntu doesn't seem to have it, do i have to launch it from a terminal or am i just not seein it.

thx in advance

Re: Restricted drivers manager

I am also in the need of using the Restricted Drivers Manager. In fact, it is mentioned in the "Beryl on Feisty" wiki

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/BerylOnFeis...sManager%29%29

BUT then it has a link to a blank page :-X (nice touch)

However, if you check in Adept Manager or Synaptics, you will find the Gnome package Restricted Manager:

Restricted Manager provides a Gnome user interface for configuring non-free hardware drivers, such as the Nvidia and ATI fglrx X.org and various Wireless LAN kernel modules.
    I would do
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install restricted-manager
    I suppose this should work in Kubuntu, I am going to install it and see if I can complete my "Beryl on Feisty" install.

Good luck!

Ocumo

Comment

Should i just install the driver from the Nvidia website, i don't want to screw anything up by installing a gnome system app.

Comment

I installed it and had no problems except I had to run it from command line because it didn't add it to the kubuntu menu.

Comment

Where would be the appropriate place to request / vote for putting a drivers manager like this into Kubuntu by default? Since it's specific to Kubuntu, bugs.kde.org doesn't seem like the right place to file a wish.

Comment

For future people who need to know, once restricted-manager is installed on Kubuntu, you just need to enter the command "sudo restricted-manager from a terminal. If you want to create a launcher icon on your desktop, the restricted-manager is installed in /usr/bin

Marc

Comment

Working...
            X