X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmenu problems

I switched to kubuntu from mepis.
    There when I install a new package, the kmenu include that automatically.
    In kubuntu doesn't.
    Can I do anything to fix this?
    [linux user #449224 - Kubuntu user #15071]

Re: Kmenu problems

I had the same problem a couple days ago. Some nice folks on this forum helped out. First I typed the name of the program in the run command to see if it was really there. If is was I added it to the menu by right clicking on the Kmenu and selecting menu edit. From there it was a matter of filling in the blanks. One thing is important is you must know the right name/code for the program. You type the correct name in the section that says command. The names that adept called them has worked for me. But I just downloaded Google earth and I don't know the right command for it (haven't really messed with it) So I went into the file and found the .exe icon and copied it to my desk top. Works great.

HTH,

Penryn

Comment

Re: Kmenu problems

1. Sometimes the app that you install really doesn't have a K Menu entry. This is usually true for some command line apps and some games.
      2. You can "refresh" the K Menu entries after you've installed something by running this command:

Code:
      kbuildsycoca --incremental
      Ignore the error messages that will appear, then check if the app you installed has been added to the menu already.
      Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Working...
      X