X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tgz file in konqueror (AGAIN...)

Hi,
    I am just moving after 10 years of Suse to Kubuntu. In SUSE I could (left) click on a .tgz file and it would open in konqueror with the url
    tar:/directory/file.tgz
    and I see the contents of file.

I am aware of the "solution" given in the FAQ (see below) except it DOES NOT work for me. left click still opens file in Ark.

However, if I type into the url-window
    /director/file.tgz it would jump to tar:/directory/file.tgz.

But left click does not do the job.

Note, I did both things recommended in the FAQ to get Konqueror back to "normal
    <quote>
    sudo rm -r /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/apps/konqueror
    sudo cp /usr/share/apps/konqueror/konqueror-orig.rc /usr/share/apps/konqueror/konqueror.rc

To enable Konqueror to open tar and zip files:
    rm -r /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/mimelnk/application/
    </quote>

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Volker

Originally posted by Jucato
    You can try this:

1. Open up Konqueror and go to /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/mimelnk/application/
    2. Either delete everything there or move them somewhere in your /home directory I prefer to copy them elsewhere, just in case I want them back. The FAQ recommended deleting them. Remember you have to actually remove or move those .desktop files. So you have to need root access.
    3. Restart Konqueror

If you decided to just remove them, here's the easier way

From http://www.kubuntu.org/faq.php#konqueror
    To enable Konqueror to open tar and zip files:
    Code:
    rm -r /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/mimelnk/application/
Working...
X