This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept Does Not Obey - SOLVED

Adept does not obey my appearance preferences. I currently am using the 'Plastik' color scheme with the 'Keramik' widget style. Every application I use obeys these preferences -- every application except for Adept. Adept still uses the default color / widget style as when Kubuntu is first installed (purple colors with a purple version of the 'Plastik' widget style).

I realize that this is likely an issue with Adept, but surely there is someone here who is bugged by this as much as I am and has come up with a fix. If so, would that person be kind enough to post a fix here?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Adept Does Not Obey

This is not an issue with Adept. The reason why Adept still uses the default style (which is Polyester, not Plastik, btw) and colors is because Adept is being run as root, not as your user. You changed the theme for your user and for your user only. It doesn't affect other users, including the "superuser" or administrator, which runs Adept.

To get around this and change the theme that the superuser will use, press Alt+F2, enter

Code:
    kdesu systemsettings
    and change the Appearance settings.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Re: Adept Does Not Obey

Aha! Makes sense to me now. I will have to try that out when I get home. Thanks Jucato! 8)

Comment

Working...
      X