This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display power save not working properly

The power save always reset to 45min after reboot.
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Display power save not working properly

I'm going to assume you are Power Saving setting in the Monitor & Display section of System Settings, in which case this sounds very familiar. If you run systemsettings from a Konsole then change the power saving setting and click Apply you'll notice that some text like '/usr/bin/xset dpms 1500 1500 1500' appears in the Konsole. This shows that the setting is being set using xset so it will not persist after you log out. There is some discussion of this issue from June last year at

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...highlight=xset

Sounds like a bug report may be needed if one doesn't already exist.

Comment

In my case I changed the setting to 10 minutes, and it destroyed my KDE profile. I had to delete my ~/.kde directory to be able to login again without KDE totally crashing.

Comment

Yes I got that error, and there are few other things kcontrol has no effect to them at all, namely launch feedback and kwallet, I disabled both but they does not take effect, I hate that bouncing icon and kwallet keep coming out when I logon to msn with kopete.

Comment

Same here, when I change the power settings they have go back to default on rebooting. Is there a text file that can be edited?
          A+

Comment

Hmm I had this problem in Edgy.. but then I upgraded to Feisty and the error was gone.
            Check out my Ⓥegan youtube channel PlantSugar
            CV and gallery at grn.dk
            Please add [SOLVED] to topic subject when topic is solved.

Comment

There are some other problem in my case in setting system and kcontrol, I think may be from the same source you may want to check it out as well.

1. Launch feedback does not take effect after I apply change, the icon still bouncing mad.
              2. The kwallet keep coming out whenever I use kopete even though I already disabled it, I have to uninstall it to stop that.
              3. Display power save setting......

I can't believe not all of us have the same problem, I upgraded from beta since the desktop install exit by itself at 80% without error and the cd checked ok, I would try again with alternate cd as soon as I got a spare hard drive.

Comment

Not sure if this applies to you, but I had these problems when I was using KDE 3.5.5. When I upgraded to 3.5.6 it was all fixed..

Just my 2c.
                I wish I was the man my dog thinks I am.<br /><br />Registered Linux User No. 402825

Comment

Your 2cents worth a million what a relief !!! wonder why no people know this and kde not updated with this release.

Comment

Working...
                  X