This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synaptic colour oddity [Solved]

I upgraded to Feisty from Edgy and for the most part it's gone well. However, can someone tell me why Synaptic does not pick up my colour scheme correctly. There was no problem with Edgy.

http://www.divshare.com/download/475229-394

Notice how thunderbird displays the correct colours whereas Synaptic displays mostly in white.

Thank you.

Re: Synaptic colour oddity

I have the same problem, but you're lucky because you can read the menus. my problem is that the menu has black background with black caracter! The only solution for me is to launch konsole and type
    sudo synaptic
    And I don't know why It works well. I suppose the problem is with gtk-qt engine packge, the same that crash firefox

Comment

Now it's your turn to be lucky. I've tried 'sudo synaptic' and the result is the same. I guess we'll have to hope that someone will come along who knows what the fix, if any, is.

Comment

just in case you guys don't know, the reason why the color scheme is different for vanaedium as su is cuz the themes & schemes and what not are separate from user. in other words, user's & root's stuff are not the same. (to get them the same you have to set them the way you want as root too).
        <br />

Comment

Yeah I know but actually I solved that recompiling gtk-qt-engine from source with checkinstall.
          So now no problem with synaptic and no crashes with firefox.
          A suggestion: click on settings->appereance->gtk styles and fonts and select kde style for gtk applications (synaptic,firefox,thunderbird,gimp etc...) for every users and root (open a shell and digit sudo kcontrol)

I hope this helps

Comment

A suggestion: click on settings->appereance->gtk styles and fonts and select kde style for gtk applications (synaptic,firefox,thunderbird,gimp etc...) for every users and root (open a shell and digit sudo kcontrol)

I hope this helps

Many thanks vanaedium, I've just tried this and it works.

Comment

Working...
            X