This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced user managment.

My knowledge of Linux is still fairly minimal so I have no idea how to accomplish the task I have been given. I could do all this in windows but would prefer to use Linux.

Here is what I need to do:

1. Setup a very limited user account that can only access set programs, and cannot change any system settings.

2. Have some kind of login timer, so that after a set period of time the system logs itself out.

3. When the account is logged out the user settings are deleted, and predefined settings are restored.

4. Have some kind of gui interface to control the user account/accounts that was straight forward enough for a novice to control.

Can anyone help me with one or more of these problems? Or point me to the resources I need?

Re: Advanced user managment.

I don't know exactly what you mean by:
    2. Have some kind of login timer, so that after a set period of time the system logs itself out.
    If you mean that a user only has a "life span" of a certain period of time and the rest you can do in K->sytemconfig->users->adminstration mode (give your pasword at prompt)

Sorry if the translation isn't quite correct (my linux is in german)

I hope this helps
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
    X