This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok

Guys, just have a quick question. I know that this version of Linux should make it easier to play mp3 songs. Well, I downloaded Lame, Kaffeine plays, like other media player but Amarok for some reason is not playing them. It get stuck. I do not know why. Can you help me to figure this out?

Pookito
    You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
    Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
    Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Re: Amarok

My Amarok is doing something like this too.

It play the CDs only if I eject it and then inject it again.

It would not play CD if its already in the drive.

Comment

Does Amarok bring up a popup saying it doesn't have codecs for mp3, or that it need to download codecs for mp3? Or does it simply not play?

Comment

Yeah, my install is doing it too. It won't play when I import songs, but it will play the cd. I just installed Banshee and that works fine. So I guess I'll use Banshee until I figure out how to get Amarok working.

Comment

Strange... I've had some really big problems with banshee, kept crashing when it couldn't find some image ... unhandled exception.

Comment

I do not mind using Kaffeine in the mean time I get amarok to work, I just think amarok rocks, too bad it has some bugs.
            You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
            Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
            Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Kaffiene is the best media player I've ever used. I like it better than vlc.

I've used Banshee on my Ubuntu Edgy install without any problems. Amarok works great on my Fedora Core 6 laptop. I wonder what the problem is here with Kubuntu...

Comment

Have you got the package (IIRC) lib-xine-extracodecs?

Also do a search in adept for MP3.

Also, it might make sense if you take a look around in the Amarok settings, in particular the engine it's using. I think mine uses xine (the same as Kaffeine) .
                Ian

Comment

Working...
                X