This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KnetworkManager woes

Have you seen the Windows V Mac ad on TV? I feel we have the same problem with KnetworkManager with the needing a password when you use a essid in a wireless network.

Does anyone know how to disable this feature? I uninstalled KnwMgr but it reinstalls when you do a upgrade It would be an ok feature if it wasn't for this very annoying BUG!

Any help would be appreciated (I have 4 devices with the same problem)

Cheers Cary
    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Re: KnetworkManager woes

Hey bro, sorry to hear that. I have been using the knetworkManager just fine, I do not know what bug are you talking about. Did you try deleting it and reinstalling it again?

Josh
    You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
    Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
    Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

yes have reinstalled a few times! It seems to only effect the KNM if you have a ssid password for authentication. I have 2 options 1) don't use security on my wireless access point & share the net with the world (at least anyone in 300m radius) or 2) keep putting in the kwallet password >

Cary
      The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

If I remember right I think I was having the same problem, at the beginning, What I did was that I satart playing with it. If I remember correctly the way I fixed it was by choosing the encryption check box, if you have to, and then choosing a new encryption format. The one that worked for me was "wep 40/104-bit ASCII" Then it has been working just fine. Sometimes when I reboot my system I have to start my KNM but besides that it's been working flawlessly.

pookito
        You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
        Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
        Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Comment

Here's what I've done - I had a nightmare with knetwork manager.

Remove K network manager and instead use system settings/configure network to configure your wireless adapter. It will start your wireless when you hit apply. Don't forget to select "start at boot".

Launch Kwifimanager and set to launch on boot in the taskbar for a graphical sign of connection (and signal strength as well).

If you want to connect to different wireless locations you can use the wireless assistant (package name wlassistant) which is incredibly user-friendly.

Works for me without issue.

Ian

Comment

Working...
          X