This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feisty Fawn: LiveCD can't run X

I'm currently using another distro and therefore I wanted to give kubuntu 7.04 a try (after the previous version already pelased me very well).

So I downloaded and burned the ISO (yes, I verified the md5sum). I then wanted to boot from that liveCD thingy. At the beginning, everyfine was working well, including bootsplash (I guess it's running on the framebuffer vega driver?). After successfully booting, it tried to start X - and failed. Instead, it showed a black screen and then, nothing. No error, no X, nothing. I had then to restart with ctrl-alt-del.

I also tried the safe graphics mode (or whatever it's called exactly). Same result.

I don't know what's the problem, but I'd guess it's because I've got a ATI Mobility Radeon X1400. If this might be the problem, I ask myself why you don't use the same driver for X as you do in bootsplash...

Well, any ideas how I could get the liveCD up and running?

Re: Feisty Fawn: LiveCD can't run X

I have the same problem on ATI X700. One solution its to try to start in safe mode and then install.
    Another solution its to install from alternate CD (http://ie.releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/feisty/) and after instalation you must install ATI drivers.

Comment

Re: Feisty Fawn: LiveCD can't run X

safe mode? you mean the graphics safe mode? didn't work for me.

I thought about the alternate CD as well, but did not yet have time to try that one.

Comment

Working...
      X