• Show
Clear All

Install Flash on Kubuntu AMD64

I need to install flash on my Kubuntu.

I have AMD64 version of it.
    I tried to use this http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...;topicseen#new
    but it didn't helped me.

Re: Install Flash on Kubuntu AMD64

In 32bit Kubuntu, I just goto Add/Remove Programs and select either Macromedia Flash Plugin or Ubuntu restricted extras, not sure if they are there in 64bit though.

Gavin,
    Primary OS: Kubuntu Feisty Fawn, Secondary: WinXP Pro (Games Only)<br />Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz, 2GB RAM<br />ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 256MB<br />15&quot; Widescreen Display (1280x800)<br />Pro/Wireless Network Card connecting to US Robotics 1908A Router<br />

Comment

Same problem here. AMD dual core 4600, NVIDIA 7900GT, 2G SDRAM. Flash works flawlessly for me in Sabayon, PCLos, Puppylinux, and SuSe 10.3 out of the box. Why not Kubuntu?

Comment

Well thats fairly pathetic. Back to Sabayon for me where EVERYTHING works including amd64 flash out of the box. Nice try though Kubuntu folks. You'll get there some day. 8)

Comment

Any progress on this one yet? I see the last post in this thread was nearly two months ago, but I still don't see an OOB install solution for Flash on AMD64.
          Victoria concordia crescit<br />ओ पालन्हारे ... तुम्रे बिन हम्र कौनोन नहीं

Comment

Yes please, there must be a solution..

Comment

There's NO 64bit flash out, not even for Windows. To get flash to work, you must use either a plugin wrapper, or a 32 browser with 32 bit flash. Flash works here fine for me on 64bit, depending on which you'd rather, I can point you to the right direction.
              Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user #419401

Comment

Originally posted by powerbits
                Yes please, there must be a solution..
                Here is a script installer for the nspluginwrapper, which is the only solution that I know of:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=476924

Comment

Hi,

Until yesterday I used dapper 6.04 64-bit with an Intel D935 processor. In the repository was a special mozilla-flash package for 64-bit platform.
                  But I must warn you for unexpected effects with many websites. For example:

I visited www.asus.com. When the desired page was loaded, my wireless keyboard was disconnected and it refused to be reconnected until I switched to another desktop. But when I returned to the previous desktop the keyboard disconnected again. Weird...
                  On another webpage the graphical content started blinking like a traffic light.

So, if you might experience unexplainable effects with your browser, blame it on 64-bit Flash!

Comment

Hi, guys!
                    We still don't have flash for 64 bits platforms, although there is a list in the web to sign a petition to Macromedia or whatever to do so.
                    (http://www.PetitionOnline.com/lin64swf/)
                    However, in Kubuntu 64 I found out a couple of "flash animation viewers" in the Adept list and now the animations in SWF are working, apparently. Check this: Gnash SWF viewer for KDE (multimedia cathegory). It worked for me, as well as the gnome version.
                    Good luck!
                    Poseidon GNU/Linux 64 & 32 bits
                    GNU/Linux user #451206
                    (K)Ubuntu user #21328

Comment

Working...
                    X