This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beryl viewports

I have tried to set up beryl cube to accept different desktop backgrounds on each side of the cube but as of now have I have had no luck. Does anyone now how to put different desktops on the beryl cube? I have already checked the box desktop manager supports viewports in the beryl settings manager, but I only get one image on one side of the cube. I have also tried to configure kdesktop with multiple desktops, no luck either. I guess I need to know which desktop manager supports viewports or how to set up he ones I have to work. I would also like t know how t set up the desktops to us a panoramic view, where one desktop background would be stretched over the 4 sides of the cube. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Re: Beryl viewports

I dont think you can use the viewport feature. Well it doesnt work for me. When its enabled, 3 out of 4 of my desktops show a black screen and are frozen.
    Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--> # 15709

Comment

I keep hearing about a beryl desktop manager that is suppose to handle this but as of yet have not found it, I think it is bdm. I also heard about a compiz plugin that is suppose to work with beryl cube to manage different desktop backgrounds, but I do not know how to install the tar file or where to install it.

Comment

Is this waht you mean:
        http://www.multiportalen.dk/
        Wait till the end of the movie.

I just ran accross this today. I'll try it out.

The person whose page this is is one the form
        HIs nik is daffydk.

so get in touch with him(her.
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
        X