X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set free rotate of desktop cube?

Hello

I would like to set Beryl to have the ability to free rotate my desktop cube and to have the opportunity to let the window between 2 desktops on the edge. It looks very effective on the videos.

How to set it?

Thank you very much.

edit: my Beryl and desktop effects are working correctly, I want just to set the free rotate.

Re: How to set free rotate of desktop cube?

Hold down your middle mouse button/scroll-wheel.
    Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

<ctrl><alt> middle (scroll) mouse button. After that sequence you can just move the mouse to rotate the cube without having to keep holding down keys. Once to the side you want, press the middle mouse button again.

Comment

Great, it is fantastic. And how can I stop in some non-standard position and then for example to move a window to the edge?

Comment

If you "grab" a window by its top bar, and slide it sideways, you can slide it partly off to the next desktop (viewport) -- left or right, and then let go of it, and click your mouse wheel one click up or down (as appropriate) to flop to that desktop, and then drag your window the rest of the way to where you want it. At least, that's how I do it ... if I ever had time to RTFM I might find out there are more ways than that!

Comment

If you have beryl running and you right click in the window's top bar a menu will appear. In that menu is "To Viewport". Click on that and choose which part of the cube you are wanting to move it to. From what I'm reading here that is what you want to do?

Comment

Well, it is easy to move the window between the viewports or to move it to the edge, but I can move it OR rotate the cube at a time, I cannot do both things simultaneously and I cannot stop the cube in non-standard position (view it from 3D perspective) and then move some windows.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
                <ctrl><alt> middle (scroll) mouse button. After that sequence you can just move the mouse to rotate the cube without having to keep holding down keys. Once to the side you want, press the middle mouse button again.
                <ctrl><alt> Right Arrow or <ctrl><alt>Left Arrow if you don't like taking your hands off the keyboard.

<ctrl><alt>up or <ctrl><alt> down will bring up the top or bottom of the cube.

Comment

Working...
                X