X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop drive names and mounting etc.

Hey all

Has anyone worked out yet how to restore the default behaviour that was in Dapper that listed a CD-ROM by its volume name instead of simply "cdrom" on the desktop, and allowed you to automatically mount it when you double-clicked it if it wasn't already mounted? I've noticed that after Dapper this behaviour went out the window, just like the media:/ -> /media link in the System Menu / Storage Media section. I've fixed the last problem, I just can't work out how to fix the desktop naming and mounting of drives.

'Shady
    Firefox: The browser you can trust.<br /><br />Thunderbird: Reclaim Your Inbox!

Re: Desktop drive names and mounting etc.

i'm curious about this too...
    <br />

Comment

Re: Desktop drive names and mounting etc.

My Feisty mounts the dvd/cd as you say.

My experience is that it is a matter of hardware. I even discussed this with Sebastian Trueg the maker of K3b and he confirmed that some manufacturers have no issues while some others do. Plextor is one with problems.

I also had an LG which refused to behave normally.

Now I have 2 dvdrws which work perfect.

One is an older NEC 3550
      and a brand new SONY SATA AW G170S
      I am very happy with the new sata drive which works like a charm in Feisty

I am attaching some screenshots of my desktop mountpoins. They appear like this after I insert the disks without any intervention

Judging by the price of the burners it is probably easier to buy a working one rather than frustrating with incompatible hardware.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X