This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

widgets

I've seen them in windows, I seen them in linux aswell.. but where do I find them in feisty? I need my weather widget

TIA

Re: widgets

Go to adept, synaptic and search for superkaramba and install from there. Or you can just do sudo apt-get update then sudo apt-get install superkaramba.

It will be put into k->utilities or something like that (mine is in german) you can the open that and tale it from there. Weather is liquidweather.

I hope that helps

Cheers
    Fintan
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

thanxs

Comment

Your welcome enjoy
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

gosh.. um, well superkaramba installed just fine, infact i can get just about any other widget except the one i want, liquidweather++.. not sure what to do here..i start download, and what i get is some type of file that warns me not to save it..its corrupt it syas...

what am i doing wrong?.. save it the way it is?.. is there not an install thingy like the other widgets?..thanxs 4 help

the install on site tells me this:

first make sure you've got the latest version of superkaramba installed.
          Please note that liquid weather versions >=4.0 require superkaramba >=0.36; and liquid weather versions >=7.0 require superkaramba >= 0.37; and liquid weather versions >=12.0 REQUIRE superkaramba >=0.39 - otherwise you'll get strange behaviour, or it will just not work.
          liquid weather versions >= 9.0 REQUIRE PyQt >= v3.13 and ImageMagick.
          The export to email/printer options in versions >= 14.0 require reportlab.
          Also, make sure that, if you've installed a binary version of superkaramba, it's been compiled against the exact version of python that you have installed - if you can't find a suitable binary then install superkaramba from source.
          If you've got an AMD64 processor, then you'll need to use python v2.4, as there are some strange bugs with superkaramba, AMD64 and python 2.3.
          Then get the liquid weather .skz file. You can do one of two things with this file. If you double click it, and it should open automatically. Alternatively, you can unzip the .skz file using the unzip tool (although it's got an .skz extension, it's just a zip file. Please note that you should unzip it in a new directory otherwise you'll get files scattered everywhere - the zip file doesn't have its own root directory.
          That's it. It's installed. Then run it as you would any other superkaramba theme.

I have no clue how to do any of this... is there an easy way to install this?

Comment

I know his navigation sucks, i wish I could revamp his page

Anyway try this and see if it works for you:
            http://liquidweather.net/downloads.php

The you just have use the open design function in superkaramba and point it to the file you downloaded.
            4 GB Ram
            Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
            X