This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logout buttons missing. HELP

I was running Ubuntu Feisty and installed the Kubuntu Desktop to check it out which I like much better but I only get an option to "logout" but the other options like restart, shutdown, etc. are not available until it logout out then I have to shutdown or restart from the "Ubuntu Login Screen". Is this normal and is there a way to get the other options in Kubuntu Desktop? I have already made Kubuntu my default desktop.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Logout buttons missing. HELP

It's possible that the buttons for shutdown, restart, etc. are there, but they aren't appearing. Try clicking where they normally are and see if anything happens.

In the login menu, under session, do you get options to shutdown/restart?

Comment

No the buttons are not still there in fact I have a small box just big enough for the "logout" button and nothing else.

In the login menu under session I do have the options shutdown and restart.

Any ideas?

Comment

Maybe you lost permission to reboot the computer. In the control center under users, check what groups you belong to.

Comment

Just checked on the group but I am still assigned to the same groups. When I use my ubuntu session I have all the logout buttons but not in kubuntu session.?

Comment

This is happening because you are most probably still using GDM (GNOME Display Manager), the GNOME session manager/login screen, when you log into a KDE session. This is why you only get a logout option in KDE, but complete options in GNOME. The same would happen if you used KDM when logging into a GNOME session, but only in reverse.
            Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Is there a way I can use the Kubuntu Login manager instead of the Ubuntu, remembering that I installed the kubuntu-desktop on top of ubuntu or do I have to do a fresh install of Kubuntu. I would expect I would not have to go that far. Please help. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X