Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

System Clock Runing way to fast (am i the only one with the problem )

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System Clock Runing way to fast (am i the only one with the problem )

Hmm am i the only one with the time running to fast problem in the feisty release ??

Hi
    Nice job with the feisty BUT
    System time clock is running way to fast it count 2 or 3 minutes in every minute hmm and thats not bad if your on job .. but at home its annoying course amarok uses the time clock and playing streaming music makes it sound like playing a old record with pitch enabled..

Is it becouse of the new kernel ?
    or is there anything to do about it right here and now ?

does anyone else have the same isue

Daffydk
    New member in here
    Just like opensource

Re: System Clock Runing way to fast (am i the only one with the problem )

Sorry to say (for you that is) that with all the problems I'm having with Feisty thats not one of them! do you sync with a ntp server? perhaps that might be a place to start!

Cary
    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

well i have synced with a ntp and adjusting for another time zone but it still runs much to fast .. and the bios clock is like it should when restarting. hmm it is realy wierd..

its after a upgrade from 6.10 to feisty 7.04 i got the problem.

there was an update yesterday with some timezones but it didnt help

on a clean boot the time is 2 hours past the normal bios time and normal timezone from denmark

i just dont get it......

what problems do you have ?

Comment

Daffy

I'll take a stab at it. The mobo on my machine is a Supermicro PDSBA+, which is a new model. While it does not have the timing issue that yours has, on boot (Feisty beta) the screen does display the message "BIOS Bug #81 found"! I have no idea as of yet what that means, and it does not appear to harm anything, but the point is that perhaps you might try a BIOS upgrade to the mobo as a first effort. It probably would not hurt to scrounge around on the mobo manufacturer's web site Knowledge Base - you might get lucky.

Things could be worse. In the old DOS days, if you called the manufacturer of the mobo, OS, music software, or anyone else that might listen, the answer you would get would be, "You're the only one who's ever had THAT problem..."

DWU

Comment

Originally posted by daffydk
          Hmm am i the only one with the time running to fast problem in the feisty release ??

Hi
          Nice job with the feisty BUT
          System time clock is running way to fast it count 2 or 3 minutes in every minute hmm and thats not bad if your on job .. but at home its annoying course amarok uses the time clock and playing streaming music makes it sound like playing a old record with pitch enabled..

Is it becouse of the new kernel ?
          or is there anything to do about it right here and now ?

does anyone else have the same isue

Daffydk
          New member in here
          Just like opensource

I 've installed the (latest) beta a few weeks ago and I synchronise the system clock with an NTP.

I haven't noticed ANY timing errors ...

I have another machine (running Winblows XP SP2) that has timing problems, but that is a hardware defect that I try to keep in check by sync-ing (with NTP) every 10 mins through a world-clock program.

Comment

Well found out that it is the kernel-2.6.20 that does it
            going back to kernel-2.6.17 solved the problem but then i got alot of other problem tho *lol*
            but the time issue was corrected.

Amarok depends on the time so when i stream music from the internet i just get alot of choppy sounds ( just like spinning an old record to fast around ) playing streaming in xmms works like it should..

Conclusion
            kernel 2.6.20 (- generic) is the problem

( Got the latest Bios installed but no change )

Comment

Re: System Clock Runing way to fast (am i the only one with the problem )SOLVED

Ok didt a clean install and evrything works like it should i guess upgrading isnt a good idea

Comment

NOPE
                NOT SOLVED
                Anyway
                Didt that clean install and tested the system for a hole day and now the time RUNS FASTER AGAIN GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

This ****ty kernel is messing up the system
                it gained 30 min. in 5 hours thats to much and now Amarok is messing the sound up to

Comment

Working...
                X