This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mythtv install & Config

I just installed Mythtv as per the Feisty guide (mostly tainted to Ubuntu instead of Kubuntu) and have a problem where my configs won't take or stay.

I see where the Mysql database has a problem. Here's what's posted from the
    tony@Feisty:~$ more /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log
    2007-04-14 23:23:09.928 ERROR: Unable to acquire database upgrade lock
    2007-04-14 23:23:09.929 Couldn't upgrade database to new schema
    2007-04-14 23:35:54.913 Using runtime prefix = /usr
    2007-04-14 23:35:54.953 New DB connection, total: 1
    2007-04-14 23:35:54.989 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: localhost
    2007-04-14 23:35:54.992 Current Schema Version:
    2007-04-14 23:35:54.993 Newest Schema Version : 1160
    2007-04-14 23:35:54.995 New DB connection, total: 2
    2007-04-14 23:35:54.995 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: localhost
    2007-04-14 23:35:54.996 Setting Lock for Database Schema upgrade. If you see a l
    ong pause here it means the Schema is already locked and is being upgraded by an
    other Myth process.
    QString::arg(): Argument missing: ERROR: Unable to acquire database upgrade lock
    , Driver error was [2/1017]:
    QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
    Database error was:
    Can't find file: 'schemalock' (errno: 2)

2007-04-14 23:35:54.997 ERROR: Unable to acquire database upgrade lock
    2007-04-14 23:35:54.998 Couldn't upgrade database to new schema

In investigating the database, what I see is it can't find the file schemalock? Is this correct?

Also of note, none of the dialogs as shown in the installation guide appeared. Maybe because I'm using Kubuntu instead of Ubuntu? Everything was installed using Synaptic as the guide suggested.

Any help would be appreciated so I may post something back to that location of
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/My...tend_Desktop_O

Re: Mythtv install & Config - RESOLVED

Figured out

Bear with me as this will be lengthy.

PROBLEM: Backend refused to start, Config Settings never took, Frontend couldn't connect to backend server.

My Situation: I was installing Mythtv to an existing desktop install using the Master-Frontend-Desktop instructions found specific for Ubuntu Feisty. My hardware;
    AMD64 - 2800+
    1Gb RAM
    2 - HDD's (100Gb - 200Gb)
    NEC D/L DVD/+RW
    nVidia 6200 256Mb DDR Turbo
    Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE (using composite to Satellite Rcvr)
    Kubuntu Feisty 7.04 - 64bit

I had obviously performed all pre-requisits as for hardware and software installs, updated the system etc......

I performed the initial MythTV install IAW the install guide found at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/My...1a8b170f37b24e
    for the Feisty OS.

Problem I had was similar to several troubleshooting FAQ's listed and I followed all pertinent findings to no avail. Here's my final attempt that eventually allowed a successfull install.

1) I decided to remove the complete MythTV install, MYSQL install Completely --- NOTE: You MUST use this option in Synaptic to ensure complete removal.
    2) I used Krusader in Root mode and removed /etc/mythtv and /etc/mysql then /var/lib/mythtv & /var/lib/mysql folders completely.
    3) I used the console with sudo apt-get install mythtv to perform the new install since my previous installs were with Synaptic. (may or may not have been an issue).

NOTE: I never saw ANY of the supposed config windows or dialogs as shown on the install guide. I believe this might be due to using Kubuntu with the KDE interface vice Ubuntu using Gnome. How annoying considering both should be equally tested and documented, however that's why your here.

NOTE 2: I ended up adding the mythtv user account to my personal group in addition to adding me to the mythtv group. No matter what I did, t-shoot actions performed, I never obtained the proper permissions until I did this. (weird)

5) I proceeded to perform the initial mythtv-setup routine and this time everything seemed to work. All settings remained and no errors were presented.
    6) Configuring Myth Frontend operated normally as well.

NOTE 3: Disregard the instructions about leaving your backend IP address and host name alone for this situation. In order for the backend to start I had to use the machines actual IP address and Hostname. If you use DHCP - please assess your situation and configure your system for a static IP Address.

6) Once the IP Address and Hostname are set in the backend, please proceed and make the same changes on the frontend. It's the only way the frontend will be able to communicate properly.

I restarted the backend and everything worked.

I hope this helps anyone in the same situation as I was.

Comment

Working...
    X