This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Upgrade With Adept in Feisty Fawn

sooo, i recently upgraded to kde 3.5.6, got the whole feisty upgrade and things (which look amazing by the way)
    when i go to adept to find upgrades, i get
    "You will not be able to change your system settings in any way (install, remove or upgrade software), because another process is using the packaging system database (probably some other Adept application or apt-get or aptitude). Please close the other application before using this one."
    is this because feisty's still in beta? i don't have any other updater programs running or anything (unless it runs in the background that i'm unaware of)

Re: Can't Upgrade With Adept in Feisty Fawn

Sometimes packages (or users :P) don't complete the package installation process, resulting in the error message you saw. Try the following in a console window:

Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a

Comment

That's true and that is what happened on my first upgrade test. Running that command dibl listed saved my upgrade at least to a point that I could fix all the other parts. Give that a try and let us know if that corrected your problem.

Comment

yep as far as i know, adept and everything is working! thanks guys

Comment

Great to hear! Enjoy Kubuntu!

Comment

i also got this problem. I updated all stuff in adept, then after it it broke some files, and some programs stopped working or worked slowwww.

Comment

Do you remember which packages? Did it report what was "broken" when updating?

Try running this at the konsole prompt to make sure there isn't anything "stuck".

sudo dpkg --configure -a

Comment

Working...
              X