This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beryl messes up karamba

well... pretty much as it says up there... whenever i start beryl, my super karamba themes dissapear, but they are shown as still running on the superkaramba window...

Re: Beryl messes up karamba

I have the same problem. I checked the Beryl Forums:
    http://forum.beryl-project.org/viewt...&t=5250&hilit=

It seams we are not alone. But it also seams that they don't have an explanation either >

Maybe someone here knows a soluion but I think it is a beryl problem.

Edit: I just checked with the beryl forum and it was mentioned that it could be due to the newer version of beryl (ubuntu version = 0.2.1) I just know that beryl behaves fine under pclinuxos 2007 (beryl version = 0.1.99999)

That doesn't help much but identifies the culprit :P
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

bug filed on launchpad:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...re/+bug/104439

if anyone has more information, please comment there...

p.s: i hadn't seen the new launchpad design... it is very nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Kuroyume
        well... pretty much as it says up there... whenever i start beryl, my super karamba themes dissapear, but they are shown as still running on the superkaramba window...
        One thing that I've seen gone wrong is that when you switch to beryl and superkaramba is running, the superkaramba widget is moved 'out-of-view' (probably something to do with handling of virtual desktops/view ports and differences in kwin and beryl)

You can bring the widget back by editing the <widget>.rc file in ~/.superkaramba/ (change 'widgetPosX' to something sane). Remember to quit superkaramba first, so it doesn't auto-save the incorrect value.

You should be able to avoid the bug by starting superkaramba *after* you've started beryl (so it isn't running when you start beryl)

Comment

My widgetPosX is sane enough as it puts the widget exactly where I want . Changing it after beryl is started? Well that seems a bit tedeous because then I have to change it back

And starting superkaramba after I start beryl means I have to stop it first. Then start beryl and restart it again.
          Short term okay, but there has to be better way.
          Perhaps after another upgrade of beryl. Or maybe after they (beryl/compiz) have finished fusing
          HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

I, too, have this same issue, and have just been killing SK and restarting it after Beryl has completely loaded.

I hope they have a filx for it soon - but thankfully I don't have to reboot often.
            Specs:&nbsp; Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Working...
            X