This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't install Flash 8 Pro in Wine

In edgy I was running Flash 8 Pro with wine and it worked great.
    I just did a fresh install of feisty and I'm trying to install it and it will get all the way up to installing status part of the install wizard but then it just stops and I can't cancel it or close it or anything. I have wine set to emulate windows xp and I have the most recent version from the repositories.

in the konsole this is what it says
    Code:
    wine '/media/disk/programs/flash 8 professional/Flash8-en.exe'
    fixme:advapi:CheckTokenMembership ((nil) 0x16dcd8 0x34e794) stub!
    fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"tmray" (nil) 0x34e2a4 (nil) 0x34e2a0 0x34e2ac - stub
    fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"tmray" 0x1780f8 0x34e2a4 0x178110 0x34e2a0 0x34e2ac - stub
    fixme:rpc:RpcMgmtWaitServerListen not waiting for server calls to finish
    err:ole:TMStubImpl_Invoke invoke call failed with exception 0xc0000005 (-1073741819)
    err:ole:xCall RpcChannelBuffer SendReceive failed, c0000005
    err:msi:deformat_environment Unknown environment variable L"ALLUSERSPROFILE"
    err:msi:msi_dialog_oncommand button click from nowhere 0x17a988 67108864 0x10050
    err:msi:msi_dialog_oncommand button click from nowhere 0x17a988 67108864 0x10050
    err:richedit:ReadStyleSheet ReadStyleSheet: skipping optional destination
    err:richedit:ReadStyleSheet ReadStyleSheet: skipping optional destination
    fixme:rpc:RpcImpersonateClient (0x6524e0): stub
    err:ole:ClientRpcChannelBuffer_SendReceive called from wrong apartment, should have been 0x2000000021
    err:ole:xCall RpcChannelBuffer SendReceive failed, 8001010e
    fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"tmray" (nil) 0x34f808 (nil) 0x34f804 0x34f810 - stub
    fixme:advapi:LookupAccountNameW (null) L"tmray" 0x175d28 0x34f808 0x175d40 0x34f804 0x34f810 - stub
    fixme:rpc:RpcMgmtWaitServerListen not waiting for server calls to finish
    err:ole:TMStubImpl_Invoke invoke call failed with exception 0xc0000005 (-1073741819)
    err:ole:xCall RpcChannelBuffer SendReceive failed, c0000005
    fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"SetODBCFolders"
    fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveExistingProducts"
    fixme:msi:ACTION_CustomAction msidbCustomActionTypeNoImpersonate not handled
    fixme:rpc:RpcImpersonateClient (0x662f18): stub
    err:ole:ClientRpcChannelBuffer_SendReceive called from wrong apartment, should have been 0x1500000014
    fixme:rpc:RpcRevertToSelfEx (0x662f18): stub
    fixme:rpc:RpcImpersonateClient (0x6634c0): stub
    err:ole:ClientRpcChannelBuffer_SendReceive called from wrong apartment, should have been 0x1500000014
    fixme:rpc:RpcRevertToSelfEx (0x6634c0): stub
    fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnpublishComponents"
    fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnpublishFeatures"
    fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnregisterTypeLibraries"
    fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveODBC"
    fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveRegistryValues"
    fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnregisterClassInfo"
    fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnregisterExtensionInfo"
    fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnregisterProgIdInfo"
    fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"UnregisterMIMEInfo"
    fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveShortcuts"
    fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveDuplicateFiles"
    fixme:msi:ACTION_HandleStandardAction unhandled standard action L"RemoveFolders"
    fixme:msi:ITERATE_CreateShortcuts poorly handled shortcut format, advertised shortcut
    err:menubuilder:InvokeShellLinker failed to fork and exec wineshelllink
    fixme:msi:ITERATE_CreateShortcuts poorly handled shortcut format, advertised shortcut
    err:menubuilder:InvokeShellLinker failed to fork and exec wineshelllink
    err:msi:register_progid L"Macromedia.Extension.Information" has no class
    err:msi:register_progid L"Macromedia.Extension.Package" has no class
    fixme:rpc:RpcImpersonateClient (0x662f18): stub
    fixme:rpc:RpcRevertToSelfEx (0x662f18): stub
    err:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap 0x110000: in-use arena 0x1791c0 next block has PREV_FREE flag
    and this is where it stalls everytime.

I've installed and uninstalled wine several times as well.

Does anyone know how I can get it working again?

Re: Can't install Flash 8 Pro in Wine

I need winxp only for macromedia/adobe stuff for my webdevelopement work.

After spending some time with wine I went the virtual path. If you have a clean and relatively fast win install you could follow this:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/vmware_con..._windows_linux

or if you want to do a fresh win install on vmware server check this out:
    http://searchenterpriselinux.techtar...238129,00.html

You will find win to run faster and more stable in this environement.

Use samba to share files and or folders/partitions.

There is some usefull stuff here:
    http://www.penguin.ch/dokuwiki/doku....ridge:smb_conf

Run your virtual windows in vmware player in the backround and it is there whenever you need it

I hope this helps, good luck and enjoy

Cheers
    fintan
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

I got it working.
      I had to uninstall the new version of wine and delete the .wine folder then in the winehq.com archives I downloaded the older version of wine that worked in edgy, version 0.9.29.

Then I installed flash 8 pro and it's up and running. Plus, I upgraded wine to the recent version and it still works.

Comment

Great but how fast is it? My flash studio 2004 and adobe stuff are faster under vmware than it is under the "normal" win desktop.

4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

It runs good, faster than it does on my windows vista system.

I tried vmware in the past and it ran really slow on my computer.

Comment

Cool. I know vmware in the past (3-4years) was a bit tedious. Now It rocks especially if you want to switch back and forth.

Have a good one
            4 GB Ram
            Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
            X