This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: error committing changes in adept

You simply need to uninstall the relevant 'linux-image' package(s)
    that will remove those entries, but it is thought to be a good idea to keep at least one known working one just in case. It doesn't take up too much space, and may get you to a gui if there is another problem like with 14

Comment

Or you can simply edit the menu.lst (located in /boot/grub/) file and comment out or remove the relevant entries for those images. I've always kept a few images just in case I do something wrong. It has saved me in the past. If you sure and you aren't doing any MODs yourself, then uninstalling them should do just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
        I think the pros say to "comment", i.e. put a # and a space in front of each line that is not wanted. Noobs like me open it in su mode and delete the unwanted stuff and resave the menu.list.
        I understand the # concept. It is the same as REM in old DOS stuff. It comments out whatever follows. Question is... in what file and what directory do I find these lines to comment out.
        Registered Linux User: 450747<br />Registered Ubuntu User: 16269

Comment

Ahh -- this is the famous Grub Menu, aka

/boot/grub/menu.lst

use kate or vi or nano or whatever text editor you can stand to do your work with it. Make sure you are "su" so you can save it.

8)

Comment

Yes, sorry about that, must be as root.

Comment

Working...
            X