This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP3 Format

So far so good, in fact..I love Festy.. I've come a long way with Kubuntu..its been one plainful step after another..just proud of my self for sticking it out..I'm still trying to get photoshop to install thru wine but for now I have a dual boot going so i dont mind..what I would like my next step to be is playing mp3 format and regular wav files... any help on this? and if so..can we do a step by step ..or maybe another post about this issue...

TIA

Re: MP3 Format

Add Medibuntu to your repositories, then get w32codecs.

http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repository.php

Follow the instructions for your version, starting with getting the key.

8)

Comment

xmms has native mp3 support. It also resembles winamp.

Comment

Thanks... works gr8... now what else ...oh yea , I've seem many screenshots of feisty desktops and I noticed that they all have this weather thingy like weather channel has for windows..any idea what its called and how to get it for feisty?

oh and flash... i dont seem to have it, need that to..oh..and I would also love to play my dvds..movie, burns..ect..

again TIA

Comment

One of the things I love about (K)Ubuntu is Automatix2. Takes care of all that crap for you: codecs, media plugins, java, etc.

Some will say that it will break your ability to upgrade, and maybe it does, but I successfully upgraded from 6.06 to 6.10 after using it.

Saves hours of piddling so you can get on to more important things.

Comment

Working...
          X