This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ntfs-config doesnt work

It seems that no matter what i do, i cannot get Ntfs-config to work at all. Which is a problem seeing that i have a 250gig external that i would love to get working. Kubuntu is a fresh install and all I've done is the updates. I installed the ntfs-3g driver and ntfs-config and still nothing. It seems to recognize the drive and gives me an autorun pop-up and all, but neglects to mount it and is inaccessible from that point. I cant configure it or nothing. NTFS-config shows up in the menu with no Icon or nothing and when i click on it it doesnt even attempt to run. I really need to get my drive going. What am i doing wrong?

-Cole

Re: Ntfs-config doesnt work

Comment out the entry for the hard drive in fstab by putting a # at the start of the line and then add it again, or post fstab here.

Right click, create new, link to device, hard drive device, add the drive you want, then double click the link. That should mount it and open it up, or at least mount it. If it reports that it is already mounted, try navigating to /media/drive-mount-point and see if stuff shows up there.

Comment

Working...
    X