This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amaya

Does anyone use Amaya, it constantly crash on me, this happen when the first screen comes out and I try to open a file and it crashes, I am running the test 4 CD and keep update/upgrade everyday so I have latest version of everything but Amaya still crash.
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Amaya

Lotech, you sparked my curiosity with this software & I did a Google troll & found this is something I can use I have been using it for the last couple of hours with absolutely no probs! Thanx for the intro to Amaya but sorry to say no problems.

My config IBM T42 Hubuntu Feisty current 2.6.20-13 generic kernel.

Cary
    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

I suspected my PC has memory error as it is an used one I got from friend, so I ran a memory test with UBCD(http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/) and really I find memory error, that's why I got random partial screen color change problem, I replaced the faulty RAM and the screen returns to normal, but Amaya still crash. But I would suggest those use old PC and got strange problem with Kubuntu not common to other users to run a memory test as well.

Comment

Ok here is the error I got running from shell :

xxxxxxxxxxxx ~$ sudo amaya

(amaya:5777): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_colormap: assertion `!GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED (widget)' failed
        The program 'amaya' received an X Window System error.
        This probably reflects a bug in the program.
        The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
        (Details: serial 6864 error_code 8 request_code 142 minor_code 5)
        (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
        that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
        To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
        option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
        backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

Anyone ?

Comment

I install the beta from scratch and apt-get upgrade to the latest and install Amaya but it still crash, it doesn't produce an error report just exit as soon as the window shows up. I ran the memory test overnight and can't find any problem, so I think my PC is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by lotech
            I install the beta from scratch and apt-get upgrade to the latest and install Amaya but it still crash
            May sound silly, but did you verify that all required libraries are being provided by your system?
            (The error message you're quoting makes me suspect that at least "libgtk2.0-dev" is missing.)

Comment

Yes good question, what is the apt-get command for full dependencies check of all packages ?

Comment

what is the apt-get command for full dependencies check of all packages
                You're so funny :P the only way I know of: dpkg --status [package] - e.g.:

Code:
                ROOT@FREYJA # dpkg --status libgtk2.0-dev
                Package is not installed
                [snipped]
                ROOT@FREYJA # dpkg --status libxt-dev
                Version: 1:1.0.2-1ubuntu1
                [snipped]

Comment

It's not funny but MAD, I installed all libraries but still crash, I give up.....

Comment

$ sudo amaya
                    Just a(nother) silly questing: why "sudo(ing)"

Anyway ... I tried to run Amaya (read: installed from the official repositories) on one of my virtual test machines, featuring Kubuntu 07.04 up-to-date - but all I got was this:

Code:
                    birdy@LOREENA:~$ amaya --sync
                    (amaya:5474): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_colormap: 
                    assertion `!GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED (widget)' failed
                    To me, this looks like the "footprint" of a neat little bug :P

If it really were a Gtk-related problem, maybe on GNOME, you would stand a better change to get things going (for the meantime, that is ...).

Comment

Coz I thought I don't have permission, but this made no different.

Comment

I hadn't used Amaya for years and this thread made me install it again.

Quite some application!
                        I'll have to see why it displays some pages properly that firefox doesn't.
                        Surely not because it emulates Microsoft IE errors...

This should tell you it's working on my install with kernel 2.6.20-15

Comment

Working...
                        X