This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second System Updated to Feisty

Yesterday I upgraded the 32 system and most went well except wireless card no longer working. Today I upgraded the 64 bit machine and all went well. Tried Beryl and it worked half way. Never could get the window title bars to display even after all the suggestions about modifying X11 config. In fact, that actually made things worse. Beryl kept crashing after that so I uninstalled. Not ready for prime-time. Also, when Beryl runs, Superkaramba will not display the eye candy.

Everything else seems to work so far.

One big suggestion, the brief instructions on adding the repository are confusing and not clear. If that repository is not added just right, it does not work. Took some experimenting.

Re: Second System Updated to Feisty

Hi,

I've found exactly the same problem as you, I didn't try to solve, maybe I will try later to fix this...
    Because even in gnome, I can't enable the desktop effects because my Xorg is too much modified (quite incomprehensive because it's working great...)

Good luck and please give news if you find a tip...

Comment

Just upgraded to Feisty on my Toshiba M400 tablet. Was prepared for a world of pain but amazingly everything went smoothly and it all works! What a pleasant surprise. 8)

Comment

Also, when Beryl runs, Superkaramba will not display the eye candy.
        This is a berly version problem:
        http://forum.beryl-project.org/viewt...karamba#p31016

Never could get the window title bars to display even after all the suggestions about modifying X11 config
        I am not sure but I quess that depends on the card you are using.

I have a ati 9250 pro and don't use the prop. drivers but the drivers supplied by feisty. Takes a bit of xorg editing but not much.

Except for the superkaramba stuff it rocks.

One big suggestion, the brief instructions on adding the repository are confusing and not clear. If that repository is not added just right, it does not work. Took some experimenting.
        What repos. were you trying to add? And what did you do?

Cheers
        Fintan
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
        X