This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The module Disks & Filesystems could not be loaded

I'm getting a message that says "The module Disks & Filesystems could not be loaded" when I try to access Disks & Filesystems from the Advanced tab in System Settings. This first occurred following my dist-upgrade to Feisty from Edgy.

I saw an earlier thread that suggested reinstalling kubuntu-desktop and the two kde-guidance packages. I did that, rebooted and still have the problem. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Chad
    http://linuxappfinder.com

Re: The module Disks & Filesystems could not be loaded

what you said you did already would have been my first suggestion....but....

i test feisty, and i recently ran into a case where this happened. i know the exact reason tho, cuz i did it just before that. on purpose actually, but i didn't realize that it would b0rk the D&FS module. maybe a bug to file?...

anyway, what i did was, i manually edited fstab and then tried to load the D&FS module and it gave me the same error. i reverted my fstab changes and the module loaded fine. i would think that that should not b0rk the D&FS module, but whatever....

maybe try checking your fstab if you recently edited it....
    <br />

Comment

Re: The module Disks &amp; Filesystems could not be loaded

I just got this, too.

K > System Settings > Advanced > Disks & Filesystems,
      then:

The module Disk & Filesystems could not be loaded.
      An error occurred during you last KDE upgrade leaving an orphaned module.
      Or, You have old third party modules lying around.

Anybody know a fix?
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

This happened with both Feisty and Gutsy at a certain point during their beta testing phases. Did you recently upgrade?

You might try re-installing the package "kde-guidance" -- I vaguely recall that fixing this kind of "missing a piece of Kubuntu" problem. If that doesn't do it, try re-installing the meta-package "kubuntu-desktop".

Good luck with it!

Comment

Thanks, but unluckily, those didn't do the trick. I even tried re-installing KDE (107 MB).

I'm running Feisty 7.04, and have kept my updates current (the red triangle update reminder).
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
          X