This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm seeing this error message a lot...

it doesn't seem to affect anything, but it's *everywhere*, including when dpkg is installing packages from an apt-get session:

X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 169
    Major opcode: 147
    Minor opcode: 3
    Resource id: 0x0
    Failed to open device

Anyone know what this is? What input device is it having trouble with?

Re: I'm seeing this error message a lot...

Me to >
    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

Check your Xorg configuration file for unnecessary entries like a WACOM tablet.

Comment

As said, this are tablet related lines added to the xorg.conf to enable watcom-compatible tablets to work "out-of-the-box".

There are quite a lot of info about this in the forums.

Javier.

Comment

The errors are safe to ignore. The reason for these "errors" is that xorg.conf is set up to work with Tablet PC's, which X sees as wacom tablets. Hence X tries to detecting the presence of a wacom tablet when trying to run anything GUI.
          Jucato's Data Core

Comment

ah... so my old wacom tablet will work! Actually I think it's an old graphire.

Anyway, I'll have to try this out. The last time I tried to set it up there were issues with the tablet working with a widescreen laptop monitor...

Comment

Originally posted by ubersoft
              ah... so my old wacom tablet will work! Actually I think it's an old graphire.

Anyway, I'll have to try this out. The last time I tried to set it up there were issues with the tablet working with a widescreen laptop monitor...
              Mine is a Graphire3 and it works. If all those messages are caused by the wacom entries I am prepared to put up with them. It is nice being able to plug in the Wacom tablet and not have to reconfigure X when I want to use it. The pressure sensitive pen works in gimp as well.

Comment

Working...
              X