X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beryl window

Hi,

I have the latest beryl installed and now when I start it, I get no window header (where the close,min,max buttons should be). I looked over the settings and nothing jumped out at me and I really hadn't changed anything. Can someone point out what I am missing?
    Thanks

Re: beryl window

Try to select manually the Window manager in Beryl-Manager icon that appears in KDE systray (red diamond)

Comment

This the famous "missing window decorator" problem. If you search on that on this forum, Ubuntu forum, or Beryl Project, there's lots about it. Basically you need to make sure that Emerald is installed, and that Emerald is selected as the Window Decorator in the Beryl Settings.

Here's a little post from a couple of weeks ago when I was struggling with it -- see the 5th post down the thread:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3080413.0

The Nvidia driver part may not be relevant to your setup.

HTH

Comment

Hi,
        Yes Nvidia is relevent since it's my video card (but you would'nt have known that). Going through some of the older posts about this I did find what the issue for me was.
        I had to add this line to my xorg.conf.

"AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"

I did it this way:

sudo nvidia-xconfig --add-argb-glx-visuals --composite

When you do the above, it automatically makes a back up of your xorg.conf file just in case you forget to do it. Restart your window mgr, then start beryl.
        Now if you could only tell me why I lose desktop sounds when I run beryl (window opens, window closes, new window, opening app) other sounds work fine (internet radio, mp3's) I would be a happy camper..........

Comment

There was another post within the past week on the same problem. I'm not sure if it was here or over on Ubuntu forum. Try a search on "beryl sound problem" or variants of that -- I don't recall seeing the fix -- it's not a problem I've ever experienced.

Comment

Working...
          X