X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NVU or Kompozer missing

Hi there,

Where can I find NVU I can't download it anymore, I tried Amaya but it crashed, I can't find any other editor as user friend as NVU.
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: NVU or Kompozer missing

As long as Feisty remains in BETA status,
    you may revert to the original sources ...:

# NVU "core"
    # Kompozer

Comment

Originally posted by lotech
      Where can I find NVU I can't download it anymore, I tried Amaya but it crashed, I can't find any other editor as user friend as NVU.
      I agree. I'm not sure why the upgrade removed NVU (and IPodder). I've downloaded the NVU deb, thanks for the link, but am having trouble installing it. DPKG gives the following error and KUBUNTU Package install just does nothing.
      dpkg-deb (subprocess): short read in buffer_copy (failed to write to pipe in copy)
      dpkg-deb: subprocess paste returned error exit status 2
      What is the recommended alternative to NVU? I'm trying Amarok instead of IPodder, but having no joy at the moment - no sound, and cannot find the MP3 files that it has downloaded. Greg

Comment

If you take a look at unicornrider's links, these packages for kompozer for example, run from the folder they are extracted from, so no install is needed. I believe nvu has similar packages as well, maybe you got a corrupted package? I have no idea why they removed nvu from universe, it may be old but it doesn't depend on much to run.

Also, you can also install the edgy package for nvu, it looks to work fine in Feisty. It doesn't have any dep issues, it looks to be the same type of "binary" pakage you would find on on their site. I usually use nvu often, but I haven't needed it in a while, so never bothered trying to install in in Feisty. I found Kompzer to be a bit more stable for me, though

As for Amarok you may try looking
        here
        With an upgrade, not sure if this is missing/changed during the upgrade

Comment

Thanks Claydoh - I added back these two lines in the sources.list, which is what I assume you meant in your
          Also, you can also install the edgy package for nvu, it looks to work fine in Feisty.
          Code:
          deb [url]http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/[/url] edgy universe
          deb-src [url]http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/[/url] edgy universe
          and sure enough, Synaptic found NVU and IPodder. I was really beginning to miss them. NVU is working fine. The right files seem to be there for amarok, which was working before the upgrade, so I'll just ignore those problems if I can get Ipodder to work which it wont at the moment. Greg

(This is such a nice package, 7.05, that I was forgetting that it is a Beta and very much in development - yes it is my only desktop at the moment mainly because of start up problems with Edgy, but I do have a laptop to fall back on)

Comment

whoa, be careful in adding edgy repos to feisty! I should have specified installing the actual deb file, which is my fault for not spelling it out, or putting the link to packages.ubuntu.com in there

http://packages.ubuntu.com/edgy/web/nvu
            Though in nvu's case you are probably not going to blow anything up

As for syncing with amarok, and seeing what ipodder does (podcasts), you can configure where the files go on your drive by right-clicking on the podcast entry and selecting 'configure'. Usually, they go to ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok/podcasts/<name-of-podcast>, and you can also set some options on what to do with them when new ones are found. I have mine set ot autodownload and put into my device queue, for example

Comment

Thanks again - edgy repos(?) instantly removed
              and amarok has downloaded MP3s to the drive of 'my' choice now, with that tip. Greg

PS. Suddenly amarok sound is working. Fixed all by itself?

Comment

Working...
              X