This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 quick general Feisty questions

1st question is a bit of a daft one but i want to confirm what i presumed is right.

1. when the final release of Kubuntu 7.4 comes out in April, Even tho I am currently using heard 4 if i keep up to date with the adapt manager will that mean that the version i have is what is been released as the final or should i download the April release and reinstall when that arrives ?

and

2. *Pause and thinks for 30 seconds puts head in hands* I have forgotten what i was going to ask so i will get back to you later and update my post, bugger...

Mr Eko

Re: 2 quick general Feisty questions

Hi,

So for your first question, if you will keep it up-to-date it will be what will be feisty in april, no need to download the cd and install again...

Cheers

Comment

sweeet

right my second question was.

2nd im using a 64 bit processor(athlon 64) like most people, is there or when will every thing run and use the extent of a 64bit cpu, i know there is 64 bit distro's however they seem to have a small community and like other 64bit Os's lack as much support, so why is it they are not been used yet and if they were used to the full potential would it be considerably noticable speed wise ?

Mr Eko

Comment

Hi,

In fact, the added value depends on what you're doing with your computer... For example, if you're browsing the web, mails and writing docs, so it's not useful to have a 64 bits procesor, but for a database, photo and video editing the advantage of 64 is important... You can read more about differences on wikipedia

BTW, I'm using 2 computers on 32 bits and one with dual core 64 bits (with kubuntu 64) and it's running really well.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X