X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fiesty gaim

Hi,
    I have been using fiesty 7.04 for a couple weeks now and so far so good. The one issue (there are more but this one I see consistantly along with knetworkmanager always showing not connected) is GAIM.
    I launch it and it pops up but it doesn't connect to the network till I either click on "available or away". It then churns a bit and then all the buddies pop up. If I don't click on either one of those, it just sits there with a msg on the bottom saying it is waiting for the network.
    This is with GAIM 2.0.0 beta 6 and fiesty fawn 7.04. This did not happen with edgy 6.10. Anyone else see this or am I jumping the gun?

Thanks

Re: fiesty gaim

ppberns

I have the same problem with G'aim too, unless i click 'offline' then 'available the app will not connect. Now I have seen your post I can see I am not the only one. If anyone knows a work around be nice to hear, it's annoying but sure the next beta may fix this.

Best wishes - Bukunut
    There are three kinds of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.

Comment

Thanks for the tip... I probably never would have figured out to set myself to "offline" then "Available" in order to connect. How annoying! Enabling/disabling/adding new account, none of that worked. I tried launching the program in different ways (menu, panel application, command line)... oddly, once when I launched it via command line, it came up fine. But then I tried to reproduce it, and it wouldn't connect.

I am running 2.0.0beta6, and just upgraded from edgy to feisty (not a very clean process for me, I might add). I never had a single problem with GAIM on edgy.

Thanks again for the workaround.

Comment

Good you have your problem solved, but just out of curiosity: why would you use GAIM if you have Kopete?
        You are using a KDE-based desktop, so one would assume you want to stay away from Gnome stuff, and GAIM needs the stuff.

Comment

Uh... just FYI, Gaim is now Pidgin.
          For external use only.

Comment

Working...
          X