This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with the new logout dialog

With the logout dialog I have shutdown set as the default. When I hit ctrl-alt-del the logout dialog comes up as expected and shutdown is the selected icon. When I hit Enter I end up back at the desktop instead of the machine shutting down. The only way I can select the wanted option is with the mouse and that is not an option when there is a blackout and the monitor is off. It does not help that the power button behaviour has been changed to go to that dialog instead of shutting like it did in edgy.

With the logout dialog in edgy (which also seems to the the standard kde dialog) hitting enter chooses the highlighted option. In my case shutdown would be expected and the computer would turn off in an orderly fashion.

Is the new behaviour with feisty correct or a bug. If a bug where is the best place to report it? If the new behaviour is correct how can I revert to the normal kde logout dialog?

Re: problem with the new logout dialog

Hi,

I've seen it also myself, but if you press "space" instead of "enter" the computer switch off like before... Just a tip

Cheers

Comment

Space bar, not quite what I expected. Just tried it and it works. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

This bug has been confirmed. According to the author of the dialog, the bug seems to be caused by the Cancel button being the default for the Enter key.

A fix will be made and uploaded soon.

Thanks for the information.
        Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Hi there,

Patch has been submitted to Riddell, and it should be available through adept very soon.

Kind regards,
          Stefan Skotte

Comment

Working...
          X