This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COMPIZ crashing X server.

I have updated compiz but now when i try to start it (desktop-effects or compiz --replace) it crashes my session and bring me back to the login.

Also there is no a kde utility to configure plugins?

Re: COMPIZ crashing X server.

solved, i reinstalled the nvidia driver.

Comment

Is Compiz working on your Feisty system? I've been waiting for beryl, but maybe I'll try Compiz while I'm waiting, if it works.

Comment

I have compiz working on fiesty 4. It took 3 hours of configuring my xorg.conf file though. I'm running it with AIGLX because I only have the integrated graphics on my laptop. It wasn't the settings I had to make to the xorg file to enable AIGLX, but changing the original configuration of the xorg from the install. Everything seemed fine until I installed compiz but the original xorg had identified my monitor incorrectly. Wasn't until I went through the k-menu---system settings---monitor and display and tweaking the hardware options and rebooting that the xorg was configured for my monitor. Prior to that, everytime I started compiz the desktop would crash (actually the screen would freeze). Seems to be working ok now. I run beryl on kubuntu and like it better than compiz though.

Comment

how do i enable aiglx with xorg?

for what i have understood i have enabled GLX from drivers, not AIGLX.
          I have a nvidia card with latest drivers supporti aiglx.

Comment

did anyone get this working with the fglrx driver?

Comment

Andrea, I keep reading that the proprietary Nvidia driver installs AIGLX, and that you don't want to enable GLX if you're using AIGLX. That's the way I had Beryl running successfully in Edgy. Now, with Feisty, I'm waiting .... "early adopter's" problem, I guess.

Comment

Hi,

I'm using a laptop on feisty with integrated video card, from the stock install, I've installed beryl (just by installing two packages beryl and emerald-theme), and after an upgrade of ubuntu, it installed compiz, now I have these two working :
                beryl with kde and xfce
                compiz on gnome
                I've made no changes on video drivers and didn't install AIGLX, if I remember well it's because Xorg 7.2 include changes to allow beryl / compiz to work without installing something more...

Cheers

Comment

You have Beryl working on Feisty? I keep getting "unresolvable dependencies" errors, both in Adept and with Synaptic. What is your kernel and graphics chip?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
                    You have Beryl working on Feisty? I keep getting "unresolvable dependencies" errors, both in Adept and with Synaptic.
                    Beryl works (and is installable) on feisty, what repository are you using for beryl?
                    (deb http://ubuntu.beryl-project.org/ feisty main)

Works on my somewhat old ATI card with the 'radeon' driver.

Comment

dibl, sometimes when I get the unresolvable dep issue I sneak over to Debian & see if they have the file in there repo's & download the .deb & manually install then do a apt-get -f install & usually it works.

Cary
                      The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

Working...
                      X