X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvd: xine error using kaffeine

hey
    when I try to play a dvd with kaffeine, I get this error
    No plugin found to handle this resource (dvd:///dev/scd0)
    details:
    20:04:42: xine: couldn't find demux for >dvd:///dev/scd0<
    20:04:38: xine: found input plugin : DVD Navigator

i already installed libdvdcss2
    tnx in advance

Re: dvd: xine error using kaffeine

i get that sometimes too when trying to play a non-standard dvd. no solution. (that i'm aware of).

i copied a few movies with k9copy and removed the extras but left the menus. it didn't have to re-encode the main movies to fit them on each respective disc, but they didn't play in kaffeine. i can't remember if i tried it in kmplayer or not. i just ended up playing the vob's off of the discs.
    <br />

Comment

I've got this error too. One possible "solution" is to try another program. In my case, VLC could play the DVD fine.

Comment

Just got it to work in Kaffeine too.

Installed libxine-ffmpeg and libxine-kde from medibuntu repositories (http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repository.php), and updated xine to latest version in these repositories. Kaffeine then accepted the DVD that was producing this error.

I am using Feisty Kubuntu Beta. Hope it helps!

Comment

oh, i just noticed this again, but something also to check in a situation like this is to make sure the right device is specified. (i.e. /dev/scd0)
          <br />

Comment

Originally posted by fede
            Just got it to work in Kaffeine too.

Installed libxine-ffmpeg and libxine-kde from medibuntu repositories (http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repository.php), and updated xine to latest version in these repositories. Kaffeine then accepted the DVD that was producing this error.

I am using Feisty Kubuntu Beta. Hope it helps!
            I had the same problems with the 7.04 release, installing the libxine-ffmpeg seemed to fix it

Comment

Working...
            X