X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cisco VPN Timeout

Hey All.

I have just started at University College London, and wish to use their Wireless internet service across the campus. They have a service called "RoamNet" which allows students and staff alike to log into a wireless network, and then into a VPN where from there they can access the internet, our emails, and such.

After installing the Cisco VPN client (as the university uses a Cisco based system), and importing the PCF file supplied, i get a timeout when attempting to connect to the VPN. This same PCF file works fine within the dreaded Windoze, as many colleagues reassure me.

I have used Kubuntu since its release, and Ubuntu before that, and have never had such a limiting problem... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards.

George Smart

Student: Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering
    University College London (UCL)

Re: Cisco VPN Timeout

I haven't used Cisco's actual VPN Client on my Kubuntu system, but KVpnc works well on my computer. With it, you can import and use your PCF profile. I would like to use KNetworkManager, but it seems to be incredibly buggy right now and won't allow me to import the PCF profile for my university :P
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Re: Cisco VPN Timeout

I have tried Kvpnc also, and that does exactly the same thing. I have spoken to IS (network administration), as Linux support is offered, and they seem to just look at each-other and shrug! Im not sure, but I get the feeling that what i have done should work. But it doesn't!

I probably should have mentioned this before.

Kind Regards, All.

George Smart

Student: Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering
      University College London (UCL)

Comment

Working...
      X